In today’s evolving educational environment, one thing remains constant: change. As learning locations have shifted from the classroom to the living room (or a blend of both), the educational journey now requires different styles of instruction as well as suitable tools to accommodate these transitions. During the height of the pandemic, many classrooms simply didn't feel prepared to handle the changes that accompanied the shifts in the learning environment because:
- They did not have the right tools to accommodate distance learning or hybrid learning, tasking teachers with finding tools themselves.
- The educational tools they had in place were not able to assist with providing differentiated instruction.
- Lesson plans were severely disrupted and difficult to compose due to the immense changes.
Learning environments continue to change and online learning for kids has become a priority no matter what teaching environment you’re in. Here are a few ways to prepare.
Online Education for Kids: The Future of Literacy
More and more, the sight of students sitting in classrooms or at their kitchen table with an iPad or laptop computer is becoming commonplace. But why? Outside of the natural evolution in technology, online learning programs for kids and education technology that supports them have become increasingly important in today’s educational environment. As students embark on their literacy education journeys, their learning depends upon:
- The relevance of the content: In order to feel motivated to read, students must feel that the content they are reading is either relevant to their own lives or that it caters to their particular interests.
- Motivation levels: It is essential that students are and remain motivated to read and navigate the challenges they face along the way.
- Challenge levels: Students thrive when met with content at their respective reading level that challenges them, but not to the point that it feels impossible.
In order to meet these requirements, teachers would have to evaluate the reading level of each student to differentiate instruction, remain attuned to their interest levels and needs, regularly utilize assessments to inform instruction, and more. Unfortunately, most educators simply do not have the time to do so as the typical school day has immensely changed. With students learning from the comfort of home (or a hybrid of remote and in-class education), creating the ideal environment for literacy development has become increasingly difficult.
Introducing Raz-Plus: Online Learning for Kids, In-Class, At-Home, and On-the-Go
We know that it can be extremely overwhelming to not only adapt to a new learning environment, but also achieve the literacy goals created prior to this change. That’s why we created Raz-Plus, a comprehensive, blended learning solution that provides all of the tools you need to achieve literacy success in your classroom. Equipped with thousands of literacy resources, lesson plans, assessments, and a robust digital library, Raz-Plus allows students to:
- Read content that is of interest to them by taking advantage of a personalized reading recommendation list that caters to a student’s reading level and interests.
- Feel appropriately challenged by the reading material, allowing them to independently progress to the next reading level.
- Learn anytime, anywhere, as all content is accessible through mobile, laptop, and desktop devices.
- Feel motivated to continue reading by offering incentives along the way.
- Have fun while learning with game-based activities.
With Raz-Plus, handling the transitions from in-person to online learning is a breeze! From the classroom to the living room and everything in between, this solution provides online learning tools for literacy success.
Literacy Resources for Online Learning
Explore a library filled with a wide range of digital books and interactive activities that make online learning a breeze. Try Raz-Plus FREE for 14 days!