Thinking about activities to keep your students learning during the summer? Check out these helpful resources as you prepare for a fun, engaging summer.
Raz-Plus offers leveled books in digital, printable, and projectable formats that appeal to a range of students. From the colorful illustrations and humor of Graphic and Comic Books, to the drama and suspense of our Serial Books, Raz-Plus provides thousands of books for students to enjoy during the summer. The resources below are great additions to at-home summer learning:
- Serial Books, Hollow Kids Series: One of our most popular series, it follows the adventures of a group of friends who solve mysteries behind the happenings in a haunted forest.
- Content Area Reading: Books about Art and Music, Social Studies, Math, Science, and Social Studies keep students reading about topics they enjoy while gaining content knowledge.
- Themed Nonfiction Series: These books center around specific themes such as Countries Around the World, Spectacular Sports, World Landmarks, Giants of the Animal World, and Trip on a Latitude Line. They’re also great for cross-curricular activities in geography, history and science.
If you’re looking for resources that keep students motivated with independent reading activities, Headsprout provides adaptive, online reading practice that readers at every level can enjoy. If your reluctant readers need additional support for the summer, Headsprout is an effective intervention: its adaptive reading program takes non-readers and beginning readers to a mid-2nd grade reading level in 30 hours of instruction. Students reading at or above grade level can enjoy more advanced lessons in which they practice close reading and textual analysis. The gamified structure of Headsprout ensures that students at every learning level can stay motivated to learn independently as they earn rewards for completing episodes.
Learning At Home
Make summer learning engaging with these useful resources from Raz-Plus:
- Distance Learning Packs: Curated collections of our best remote learning resources for grades K-5, these packs are delivered in easy-to-use sets. Teachers can share them with students and families to provide opportunities for ongoing virtual learning in any location.
- Project-Based Learning Packs: Students take on roles such as scientist, artist, business owner and historian to answer a Driving Question and present their findings. With resources for investigation, teamwork, planning and presentations, PBL packs encourage students to create their own knowledge on a topic or theme.
- Close Reading Packs: With exciting fiction and nonfiction topics, these packs encourage students to read and analyze texts. Students practice note-taking and re-reading skills as they work to answer a Central Question.