To be skilled writers, students need explicit instruction in foundational writing skills and strategies to communicate their ideas and understand a text. Writing A-Z provides explicit, evidence-based instruction and practice opportunities that enable students to develop strong foundational writing skills.
This research guide provides information on the research base on which Writing A-Z was built, focusing on:
- Challenges to Effective Writing Instruction
- Predictors of Writing Achievement
- Becoming a Skilled Writer
- Research-Based Teaching Strategies
- Increasing Writing Instruction and Practice
- The Writing A-Z Solution
Learning A-Z (2023). Research Base for Writing A-Z Research Guide. Tucson, AZ: Author.