It is a 501c3 charitable organization that helps teachers and schools raise funds for educational materials for their students. Last year, it raised over $2 million to provide teachers and schools with needed classroom materials. It is approved by GuideStar, Charity Navigator, and enrolled in Trustwave’s Trusted Commerce program to ensure the security of your information and that your funding needs are seen by the largest number of potential donors.
AdoptAClassroom.org is similar to a social network because it connects schools and teachers with donors who want to support educational initiatives.
- Schools and teachers create profiles with information about their funding needs and students.
- Donors browse profiles and choose schools to support with online donations.
- Schools and teachers check funding progress and spread the word to friends and family through links to the school or classroom’s profile.
- Once fundraising goals have been met, the donations can be used to purchase Learning A-Z resources that will benefit your students.
Principals who want to raise funds to purchase Learning A-Z subscriptions for their entire school.
Teachers who want to raise funds to purchase Learning A-Z products for their classroom.
Administrators such as Deans, Curriculum Directors, or Superintendents who want to raise funds for their school or district.
Anyone interested in helping schools can create a donor profile and find schools to support.
Watch this video to see how you can create profiles on AdoptAClassroom.org.
AdoptAClassroom.org allows you to...
- Raise funds for classroom resources that answer your students’ learning needs, whether it be reading, writing, science, vocabulary, or test preparation.
- Describe your school’s or classroom’s unique situation, post photos to encourage donor interest, and explain how students will benefit from learning resources.
- Send links about your fundraiser to friends and colleagues.
- Be seen by companies who give large donations to education related causes.
First, go to AdoptAClassroom.org to register your classroom or school.
Click on “Register a Classroom” to begin creating an account (if you’re a principal, you can still click the “Register a Classroom” button to set up an account for your school). You will enter information about yourself and your school or classroom and list what learning resources (literacy, science, math, arts and music, etc) you need.
Then, you add a short narrative about your students and their funding needs and post a photo that gets your fundraiser noticed by donors.
Watch this video for a step-by-step guide to creating your AdoptAClassroom.org profile.
Visit AdoptAClassroom.org to learn more.