DALLAS, TX — May 16, 2014 — Five products from Cambium Learning Group (NASDAQ: ABCD), were recently named winners in the 20th Annual Best Educational Software Awards (BESSIES), presented by ComputED Gazette. ExploreLearning Reflex y ExploreLearning won in the Upper Elementary category for Math Fluency Website. In the Multi-Level category, Kurzweil 3000-firefly by Kurzweil Educational Systems won for Literary Skills; Raz-Kids and Science A-Z, both by Learning A-Z, won for Reading Resource Website and Science Resource Website, respectively; and ExploreLearning Gizmos by ExploreLearning won for Math & Science Online Simulations.
The BESSIE Awards recognize inventive and content-rich programs and websites that provide teachers and parents with the technology to promote educational excellence. Winners are chosen from submissions by publishers worldwide.
"As an organization entirely focused on helping students achieve their potential, we are driven to publish products that assist teachers in their efforts to create successful students," said John Campbell, CEO of Cambium Learning Group. "We are honored that such a prestigious online publication has recognized our products, reinforcing our mission." The Cambium Learning Group products named as Distinguished Achievement Award and Golden Lamp Award 2014 finalists are:
- Gizmos is the world's largest library of online simulations helping students in grades 3–12 develop deep conceptual understanding in math and science.
- Reflex is a revolutionary game-based system for developing instant, effortless recall of math facts.
From Kurzweil Educational Systems
- Kurzweil 3000-firefly is literacy software that enables struggling students, including those with learning differences such as dyslexia and English language learners, to learn from the same content as their peers and meet rigorous standards such as the Common Core State Standards. Anchored in the principles of Universal Design for Learning, the literacy software provides a multisensory approach for supporting the complex tasks of developing fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, writing, and study skills.
From Learning A-Z
- Raz-Kids lets students listen to, read, and record themselves reading literary and informational eBooks — anytime, anywhere; corresponding eQuizzes assess comprehension, and online running records help teachers assess each student.
- Science A-Z offers printable and projectable materials to teach comprehensive science units within Life Science, Earth Science, Physical Science, and Process Science.
For more information on any of our programs, please visit www.cambiumlearning.com.
About Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Cambium Learning Group is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of four business units: Voyager Learning and Sopris Learning, Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning, and Kurzweil Educational Systems. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment. For more information, visit www.cambiumlearning.com
About The ComputED Gazette
The ComputED Gazette has been a valuable online educational resource for more than 20 years. Its directors are educators who have provided the finest computer education to children and adults in the North San Diego area. The Gazette is proud sponsor of two national awards: The Best Educational Software Awards (BESSIES) in the spring and the Education Software Review Awards (EDDIES) in the summer.
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Barbara Benson, CFO
# # #