TUCSON, AZ — October 18, 2010 — Learning A-Z, a PreK-6 educational resource company and business unit of Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ABCD), announced today that it will be opening its celebrated reading websites, Reading A-Z and Raz-Kids, with free trial offers and 10 chances to win a free classroom subscription to both sites. Winners will be selected randomly and everyone who signs up for a free trial will be eligible to win.
The October Open House runs from October 18 through October 31 and anyone can sign up for a free trial to either website — even if that person took a previous trial. October enhancements to Reading A-Z and Raz-Kids include:
- Ease of use — Improvements to the search tool now include national core standards, correlations to key basal series, and more
- Wide Access — The addition of Kurzweil 3000 format books, which are perfect for special education programs and struggling readers who are already making huge gains with Kurzweil's celebrated software
- Currency — A complete update of our Oil Spill Theme Pack is now available — taking currency to the next level!
- Online Assessment — Measure and track student progress through the new Online Running Record tool and reports
- More Leveled Books — We've added more than 40 new titles, with an emphasis on the upper elementary grades, bringing each of our 27 levels up to at least 10 books per level
- Even More Engaging — With new Teacher-to-Student messaging, students are motivated and the teacher-to-parent interaction expands
"We constantly upload fresh content and functionality to our websites, but this October is something special. We've added so many revolutionary features and enhancements to Reading A-Z and Raz-Kids that we want every educator — and all their friends — to take free seven-day trials to both sites," says Bob Holl, publisher and founder of Learning A-Z. "We're so excited that we're giving away free licenses, just to encourage people to see what's new."
The October Open House also features the launch of a brand-new company website at www.learninga-z.com. Filled with helpful product information, videos, ways to connect and share via social media and news and information, the new site is a fresh expression of Learning A-Z's powerful brand story. "More than half of the districts in the U.S. and Canada already use resources from Learning AZ, but most teachers don't know much about the company," says Holl. "Sure, the new Learning A-Z site tells our story. But that story has never really been about us at all — it's about the teachers and students we serve."
About Learning A-Z
Learning A-Z is a PreK-6 educational resource company specializing in online delivery of leveled readers and supplementary curriculum. Founded in 2002 to help teachers differentiate instruction and meet the unique needs of all students, Learning A-Z's resources are currently used in more than half of the districts in the U.S. and Canada and 165+ countries worldwide. Serving a wide range of student needs, including ELL/ESL, intervention, special education, and daily instruction, Learning A-Z includes: Reading A-Z, Raz-Kids, Science A-Z, Vocabulary A-Z, Writing A-Z, and Headsprout. Learning A-Z is a member of Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ABCD), based in Dallas, Texas. For more information, please visit www.LearningA-Z.com.
John Jorgenson, VP, Marketing
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Barbara Benson, CFO
# # #