TUCSON, AZ — May 3, 2013 — Learning A-Z, a division of Cambium Learning Group (ABCD), a leading educational solutions and services company providing evidence-based support to help all students reach their full potential, announced today that in appreciation of teachers around the world, it will give free access to all six of its websites during Teacher Appreciation Week 2013 (May 6-10). Learning A-Z, a preK-6 educational resource company, will host an Open House for the duration of the weeklong tribute to teachers, providing free access to Reading A-Z, Raz-Kids, Writing A-Z, Vocabulary A-Z, Reading-Tutors, and Science A-Z, and giving away 10 free classroom licenses each day of Teacher Appreciation Week.
Teacher Appreciation Week 2013 takes place May 6-10, and is a weeklong celebration of the hard work and dedication of teachers around the world.
"To celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week, we wanted to do more than just say thanks; we wanted to provide teachers with free access to our resources," said Bob Holl, founder and vice president of publishing at Learning A-Z. "Teacher Appreciation Week is about appreciating our educators, but it is also about helping them, even in this small way."
This year, teachers can sign up once and have access to all six sites, all week long.
The following Learning A-Z websites will be available to all teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week 2013:
- Raz-Kids: Students listen to, read, and even record themselves reading literary and informational eBooks — anytime, anywhere. Corresponding eQuizzes test comprehension and online running records help teachers assess each student. (2013 CODiE Award Finalist)
- ReadingA-Z: 1,100+ fiction and nonfiction books, grouped in 27 levels of reading difficulty using our best-in-class leveling system. Filled with informational text and other resources to meet the Common Core's four anchor standards for reading. (2013 CODiE Award Finalist and BESSIE Award Winner)
- ScienceA-Z: Through 60+ units written to three reading levels, Science A-Z teaches critical thinking, collaboration, and communication skills that help satisfy the Common Core's Speaking and Listening anchor standards. (2013 CODiE Award Finalist and BESSIE Award Winner)
- WritingA-Z: All-in-one resource that delivers everything teachers need to address the Common Core's four anchor standards for writing: Text Types and Purposes, Production and Distribution of Writing, Research to Build and Present Knowledge, and Range of Writing.
- VocabularyA-Z: Allows teachers to quickly build academic vocabulary lessons complete with downloadable activity sheets and game tips.
- Reading-Tutors.com: For students needing extra help to meet the Common Core's ELA standards, this website provides 400+ reading resource packets and is backed by 8+ years of research proving its effectiveness.
About Learning A-Z
Learning A-Z, Inc. is a pre K-6 educational resource company specializing in online delivery of leveled readers and supplementary curriculum. Founded in 2002 to help teachers differentiate instruction and meet the unique needs of all students, Learning A-Z's resources are currently used in nearly half of the districts in the U.S. and Canada and 155 countries worldwide. Serving a wide range of student needs, including ELL/ESL, Response to Intervention, Special Education, and daily instruction, Learning A-Z offers six integrated websites for individual classrooms, schools, and districts, including Reading A-Z, Raz-Kids, Reading-Tutors, Science A-Z, Vocabulary A-Z, and Writing A-Z.
John Jorgenson, VP, Marketing
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
# # #