DALLAS, TX — October 9, 2013 — Six Cambium Learning Group (NASDAQ: ABCD), products have been named winners in the 18th Annual Education Software Review Awards (EDDIES) by The ComputED Gazette:
- From Learning A-Z: Raz-Kids, Science A-Z and Reading A-Z
- From ExploreLearning: ExploreLearning Reflex and ExploreLearning Gizmos
- From Kurzweil and IntelliTools: Kurzweil 3000-firefly
Several EDDIE winners were recognized for their innovations in aligning instruction to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), including Reading A-Z. The ComputED Gazette wrote, "Reading A-Z offers a plethora of solutions for educators seeking to align instruction with CCSS, with thousands of leveled books, advice for teachers, and topics from Foundational Skills to Assessment for Grades K-5."
The EDDIES commend content-rich, innovative programs and websites that enhance the classroom curriculum, improve the productivity of educators, and provide teachers and parents alike with "the technology to foster educational excellence." Publishers worldwide submit titles for consideration.
"We are honored that The ComputED Gazette chose six products from our Cambium Learning family of companies," says John Campbell, chief executive officer of Cambium Learning Group. "Recognition from our industry peers validates our mission to unlock the learning potential of every child, allowing them to fulfill their academic and personal aspirations."
- Gizmos is the world's largest library of online simulations helping students in grades 3-12 develop deep conceptual understanding in math and science. Reflex is a revolutionary game-based system for developing instant, effortless recall of math facts.
From Learning A-Z:
- Raz-Kids lets students listen to, read, and record themselves reading literary and informational eBooks — anytime, anywhere; corresponding eQuizzes test comprehension, and online running records help teachers assess each student.
- Science A-Z offers printable and projectable materials to teach comprehensive science units within Life Science, Earth Science, Physical Science, and Process Science.
- Reading A-Z provides 1,100+ fiction and nonfiction books, grouped in 27 levels of reading difficulty using the best-in-class leveling system; rich with informational text and other resources to meet the Common Core's four anchor standards for reading.
From Kurzweil Educational Systems:
- Kurzweil 3000-firefly reading, writing, study skills, and test-taking software helps students who struggle — including those with learning differences and English language learners — achieve success alongside their peers.
About Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Cambium Learning Group is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of four business units: Voyager Learning and Sopris Learning, Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning, and Kurzweil Educational Systems. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment. For more information, visit www.cambiumlearning.com
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Barbara Benson, CFO
# # #