Location: Ann Arbor or Tucson
Requisition #: vl-00002881
Duration: Full Time
Learning A-Z is an education technology publisher dedicated to expanding literacy through thoughtfully designed resources. Learning A-Z's websites and apps deliver leveled books, worksheets, activities, and interactive classroom resources designed to meet the needs of every Pre-K-6 student. We provide teachers with the materials needed to differentiate instruction and improve student learning.
We believe that every student has untapped potential and offer 7 award-winning online products to help teachers expose that potential. Over 7 million students are using our products in over 500,000 classrooms and 175 countries around the world.
Your Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- You will architect, design, and/or implements applications that conform to a business need. You will maintain the business perspective in terms of understanding / affecting how systems are implemented to satisfy user goals
- You are responsible for the entire life cycle of a system or feature. You will review requirements, generates designs, provides rough order of magnitude estimates, implement, and perform unit testing
- You should feel that the quality of your work is a direct result of your own testing. You should be able to handle assignments where no formal QA occurs. Your developed systems should adhere to a high standard of quality
- You will propose, develop, review, and revise new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high-quality systems
- You will work on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines. You are expected to progress on the project without much guidance from management. In addition, you are involved with proposing new projects that will satisfy business needs
- You can troubleshoot problems of a complex nature. You shall support systems that you have not implemented
- You will provide technical guidance and training to other team members
- You will share architecture formally and informally with the team and stakeholders
- You will keep informed of technical advances. You can propose changes based on newer technology
- You may be asked to research or investigate business opportunities that have no clear direction
- You may be involved in testing beyond unit testing (e.g. integration testing with a remote location, capacity testing)
Requirements Skills and Abilities (including education and experience):
- 5-8 years’ software engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Should be familiar with front-end languages and relational databases
- Clear understanding and mastery of traditional as well as new product development processes
Preferred Skills and Abilities (including education and experience):
- 9+ years software engineering experience
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
Cambium Learning® Group is an award-winning educational technology solutions leader dedicated to helping all students reach their potential through individualized and differentiated instruction. Using a research-based, personalized approach, Cambium Learning Group delivers SaaS resources and instructional products that engage students and support teachers in fun, positive, safe and scalable environments. These solutions are provided through Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K–2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional development for teachers), and VKidz Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science). We believe that every student has unlimited potential, that teachers matter, and that data, instruction, and practice are the keys to success in the classroom and beyond.
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the link to be directed to the company’s careers page. https://cambiumlearning.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/camb
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.