Vocabulary knowledge is essential for reading comprehension. Without knowing what each word means, a reader can’t fully understand a text.
Research consistently demonstrates an inextricable link between vocabulary knowledge and reading achievement, across the curriculum from social studies to science.
But just how many words are we talking about here? And what’s the best way for students to learn them?
We break it all down for you in our useful infographic report on the powerful connection between vocabulary and reading comprehension.
Choose Vocabulary A-Z for your K–5 students! Build vocabulary and improve reading comprehension in a fun format that motivates students to practice new words.
- Choose from premade and customizable word lists
- Easily connect vocabulary instruction to current topics of study, core reading series, and Learning A-Z resources
- Assign differentiated lessons for independent practice
- Quickly assess student knowledge with quizzes
- Manage simple digital reporting data through the online Student Management area