Learning A-Z Gives Back
Learning A-Z is dedicated to making a difference locally, nationally, and globally. Through a variety of volunteering efforts and donations, our approach to corporate social responsibility benefits students, teachers, families, artists, and cultural and educational programs.
Learning A-Z Volunteers
Learning A-Z employees share their talents and energy with organizations that make a difference in the community. While some employees take on leadership roles, others give back by organizing clothing and supply drives or raising awareness about social issues. Here are some of the organizations and causes that engage our employees:
- Literacy Connects, a nonprofit that promotes literacy education and arts programs.
- Boys and Girls Club of Tucson, an organization that helps youth reach their full potential.
- Sunnyside Unified School District Clothing Drive, a large yearly donation of clothes, shoes, and household goods to a local high-need school district.
- Fall School Supply Drive, an annual Back-to-School effort organized by Learning A-Z employees who volunteer time and funds to deliver supplies to high-need schools.
- Learning A-Z Racing Team, a group that participates in community runs and walks that raise awareness about health and social issues.
Learning A-Z Donates
Learning A-Z supports a number of charities, organizations, and scholarship programs at home and around the globe that nurture aspiring learners and honor exemplary community members. In the past two years, Learning A-Z has contributed to the following causes:
- University of Arizona World of Words, a literacy program that supports global exchanges of children’s stories.
- January 8th Memorial Foundation, an organization commemorating the January 2011 shooting tragedy in Tucson.
- Funding for educator-in-residence and product subscriptions for the Resplandor Project in Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Six-month subscriptions of Raz-Kids to schools in Louisiana affected by flooding in August 2016.
- Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona an organization that collects and distributes food to needy families in Southern Arizona.
- Holiday toy drive, an effort that collects toys for local children in need.
- EdPowerment, Inc., funding for an IT instructor and product licenses at Killimahewa School in Tanzania.
- Funding for licenses at Soar-Kenya Academy in Nakuru, Kenya.
- Fox Theatre, sponsorship for historic theater and performing arts venue in downtown Tucson.
- Educational Enrichment Foundation, title sponsor of the 5th Annual Celebrity Spelling Bee Contest.