Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Requisition #: vl-00002934
Duration: Full Time
A LAZ senior software engineer will design and deliver features based on Swift, Objective C, PHP, MYSQL and sometimes other technologies on Linux-based and other systems. We deliver our products using a fast-paced iterative development process. Those products deliver curriculum materials to teachers and students pre-K through adult. This lets us help build better readers, writers, scientists, and even more engineers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Architects, designs, and/or implements applications that conform to a business need. Maintains a business perspective in terms of understanding / affecting how systems are implemented to satisfy user goals
- Is responsible for the entire life cycle of a system or feature. An SSE reviews requirements, generates designs, provides rough order of magnitude estimates, implements, and performs unit testing
- Should feel that the quality of his/her work is a direct result of his/her own testing. An SSE should be able to handle assignments where no formal QA occurs. Systems developed should behave to a high standard of quality
- Proposes, develops, reviews, and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high-quality systems
- Works on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines. An SSE is expected to progress on the project without much guidance from management. In addition, an SSE proposes new projects that will satisfy business needs
- Can troubleshoot problems of a complex nature. Shall support systems that he/she has not implemented
- Provides technical guidance and training to other team members
- Shares architecture formally and informally with the team and stakeholders
- Keeps informed of technical advances. Proposes changes based on newer technology
- May be asked to research or investigate business opportunities that have no clear direction
- May be involved in testing beyond unit testing (e.g. integration testing with a remote location, capacity testing)
- 5-8 years software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Should be familiar with front-end languages and relational databases
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- 9+ years software engineering experience
- Master's Degree or Equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
Cambium Learning® Group is an award-winning educational technology solutions leader dedicated to helping all students reach their potential through individualized and differentiated instruction. Using a research-based, personalized approach, Cambium Learning Group delivers SaaS resources and instructional products that engage students and support teachers in fun, positive, safe and scalable environments. These solutions are provided through Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K–2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional development for teachers), and VKidz Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science). We believe that every student has unlimited potential, that teachers matter, and that data, instruction, and practice are the keys to success in the classroom and beyond.
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.