Location: Ann Arbor, MI / Tucson, AZ
Requisition #: vl-00002584
Duration: Full Time
Learning A-Z is an education technology publisher dedicated to expanding literacy through thoughtfully designed resources. Learning A-Z's websites and apps deliver leveled books, worksheets, activities, and interactive classroom resources designed to meet the needs of every Pre K-6 student. We provide teachers with the materials needed to differentiate instruction and improve student learning.
We believe that every student has untapped potential and offer 7 award-winning online products to help teachers expose that potential. Over 7 million students are using our products in over 500,000 classrooms and 175 countries around the world.
There are (2) openings for this position.
Your Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- You will participate in the architectural design of some subsystems in our software
- You will write detailed design specifications for software subsystems and develop from those specifications independently
- You should feel that the quality of your work is a direct result of your own testing. You should be able to handle assignments where no formal QA occurs
- You will have considerable involvement in subsystem integration testing
- You may work on a few projects at a time balancing needs and deadlines
- You can troubleshoot smaller problems with little guidance
- You will participate in code and specification reviews
- You will provide estimates for smaller tasks
Required Skills and Abilities (including education and experience):
- 1 - 5 years of software development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Engineering
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume, or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
Cambium Learning® Group is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of four business units: Voyager Sopris Learning™, Learning A–Z, ExploreLearning®, and Kurzweil Education™. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.