Requisition #: vl-00002865
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group is an award-winning educational technology solutions leader dedicated to helping all students reach their potential through individualized and differentiated instruction. Using a research-based, personalized approach, Cambium Learning Group delivers SaaS resources and instructional products that engage students and support teachers in fun, positive, safe and scalable environments. These solutions are provided through Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations and a math fact fluency solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional development for teachers), and VKidz Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science). We believe that every student has unlimited potential, that teachers matter, and that data, instruction, and practice are the keys to success in the classroom and beyond.
The Account Executive is responsible for achieving assigned revenue targets within their designated territory. The Account Executive will participate in developing marketing and sales campaigns to meet and/or exceed expectations.
**Preferred locations of DC, MD-Metro AreaEssential Job Functions:
- Use sales techniques to develop and otherwise pursue new and expansion sales opportunities in the territory through: phone calls, in-person presentations, web-based demonstrations, and email campaigns
- Maintain accurate sales forecasting
- Provide sales quotes and proposals to customers
- Be a product Expert
- Use Salesforce.com CRM and other data management tools to keep track of all active opportunities. Update Daily, Weekly, Monthly
- Conduct product marketing activities to help generate leads and opportunities
- Attend regional and national conferences as agreed upon with your manager
- Consistently achieve predetermined territory goals
- Demonstrate professionalism across various work environments
- Be able to travel up to 50% of the time during peak selling season
- Bachelor’s degree required. An education, special education, or related background preferred
- Ability to demonstrate and sell literacy and/or educational technology products
- Minimum 3+ years of success in K-12 sales; demonstrated success in literacy and/or educational technology sales preferred
- Experience in public speaking with strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience using database management systems. Salesforce.com preferred
- Experience using Microsoft applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using online meeting technology
- Ability to work well in a high-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license, a good driving record
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate and sell educational Technology products
- Prior experience in selling to Higher Education and K12
- Experience selling in the special education market
- Experience using online meeting technology. Experience using Sales Force.Com for forecasting and tracking opportunities
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.