ELL Language Proficiency Levels
Alignment and Correlations specifically for English Language Learners
The ELL Edition provides multileveled resources and instruction aligned to WIDA, TESOL, ELPA21, and state-specific standards for ELL proficiency. Each level within the ELL Edition is clearly defined, allowing students to move on to more advanced content once they have established an aptitude for the abilities targeted within that level.
English Language Proficiency Levels
See how ELL Edition resources align to various guidelines for ELL instruction.
|Aligned to||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|ELPA21||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Arizona||Pre-Emergent||Emergent||Basic||Low Intermediate||High Intermediate|
Proficiency Level Descriptors
The ELL Edition includes 5 levels used to provide resources that match each student's skills and abilities.
- Ability to use and understand single words and/or chunks in oral discourse.
- Ability to use and understand simple, memorized written English with visual support.
- Ability to use most common vocabulary.
- Ability to use and understand phrases and short sentences in oral discourse.
- Ability to use and understand simple written English with instructional support, but errors often impede meaning.
- Ability to use high frequency vocabulary.
- Ability to use and understand a series of related sentences in oral discourse.
- Ability to use and understand simple written English but errors at times impede meaning.
- Ability to use general and some specialized vocabulary.
- Ability to use and understand a variety of complex sentences in oral discourse.
- Ability to use and understand written English at grade level with instructional support.
- Ability to use some specialized and technical vocabulary.
- Ability to use and understand a variety of linguistically complex sentences in oral discourse.
- Ability to use and understand written language approximate to English peers.
- Ability to use specialized and technical vocabulary at grade level.
Each ELL Edition license requires an active Raz-Plus license. Have questions about ordering? Visit our Support Center for answers.
Retail Price is for 1-9 classrooms or families/homes. For 10+ classrooms, contact us for volume pricing.