TUCSON, AZ — February 24, 2015 — Learning A-Z, an online provider of PreK-6 teacher and student resources and part of Cambium Learning Group, Inc., continues to see rising global demand for its educational resources. In 2014, the company grew to serve more than 6 million children across 190 countries and experienced its 12th straight year of growth.
The rapid adoption of Learning A-Z's educational resources has sparked significant progress in literacy. In 2014, the company:
- Won nine industry awards validating its core products
- Through Raz-Kids, facilitated the reading of 441+ million eBooks and completion of 418+ million eQuizzes by more than 5 million learners worldwide
- Re-launched a vastly improved, yet lower priced Headsprout, a leading adaptive reading program that focuses on early reading and reading comprehension
"We believe that literacy is the first step to achieving success, both academically and personally. Learning A-Z's portfolio of products considers the specific educational needs of all children and encourages a lifelong love of reading and writing," said Bob Holl, cofounder and president of Learning A-Z. "We want our users to have the brightest futures possible, which inspires us to continuously innovate our methods and platforms to integrate new technologies, keep children engaged, and set students and teachers up for success. It is their success that secures our collective futures."
Learning A-Z's mission is for every child and educator to have access to the tools needed to make gains in reading, writing, and science. The company provides educators, schools, and districts with customizable and affordable materials to reach any child, at any learning level. Here are some of the benefits educators and children are experiencing with Learning A-Z:
"I used your leveled books and saw tremendous growth, even with severely at-risk students. I have recommended your site to countless teachers. I firmly believe in your philosophy regarding your high-frequency word books, and I feel that reading teachers would benefit from them with their students." Cherry Carl, Reading Specialist and University Instructor at the University of California, San Diego
"All I can say is wow! I have been a teacher for many years and have been searching for something like Science A-Z for just as long. What a great idea, especially since my fourth graders are tested on science for the state assessment." Carla Shepard, 4th Grade Teacher, Round Lake, IL
A big factor contributing to Learning A-Z's success is its unique business model, which provides educators with one source to accommodate varied needs for differentiated instruction. Its seven integrated websites work together to facilitate easy access to resources designed to create cohesion between what is taught in school and what is practiced at home. Resources include lesson plans, classroom aids, rubrics, assessment tools, leveled readers, and more. Learning A-Z's products include:
- Reading A-Z: Printable and projectable books and other resources, spanning 27 levels of difficulty
- Raz-Kids: A dynamic website where kids practice reading eBooks and taking eQuizzes, anytime, anywhere
- Headsprout: Adaptive early reading and reading comprehension online instruction
- Science A-Z: Science curriculum resources at three reading levels, across 60+ units
- Writing A-Z: Everything needed to teach writing in a K-5 classroom
- Vocabulary A-Z: A lesson-building tool and database of 13,500+ words to build lessons with worksheets
- ReadyTest A-Z: Lessons and practice tests for web-based, high-stakes ELA assessments
Teachers consistently rate Learning A-Z higher in satisfaction than its competitors. Awards won in 2014 include the 2014 Teachers' Choice Award for the Classroom (Learning Magazine) and awards for the Best Reading and Science Resource Websites (2014 BESSIE Awards).
About Learning A-Z
Learning A-Z is a PreK-6 educational resource company specializing in online delivery of leveled readers and supplementary curriculum for reading, writing, and science. Founded in 2002 to help teachers differentiate instruction and meet the unique needs of all students, Learning A-Z's resources are currently used in more than half of the districts across the U.S. and Canada, and 190 countries worldwide. Serving a wide range of student needs, including ELL/ESL, intervention, special education, and daily instruction, Learning A-Z includes: Reading A-Z, Raz-Kids, Headsprout Science A-Z, Vocabulary A-Z, Writing A-Z, and ReadyTest A-Z. Learning A-Z is a business unit of Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ABCD), based in Dallas, Texas. For more information, please visit www.learninga-z.com.
John Jorgenson, SVP, Marketing
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Barbara Benson, CFO
# # #