Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Requisition #: vl-00002818
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of five business units: Voyager Sopris Learning™, Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning®, Kurzweil Education™, and VKidz Holdings. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment.
As leader of the Learning A-Z web design team the qualified candidate will be responsible for guiding a team of web designers and UX professionals while working collaboratively with product managers and engineers throughout the product development lifecycle to design and develop great software that helps over 8 million kids learn to read. They will deliver a design vision, along with evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize a larger vision over time.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX Designers
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Provide a clear and consistent perspective on UX and design
- Guide user research studies, user testing, A/B testing – utilize the results to improve the user experience
- Collaborate daily with developers to translate designs into shipping software
- Possess excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex interaction design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Maintain an understanding of digital trends and practices with the goal of establishing a strong design culture
- BA/BS degree w/ 8+ years overall experience or
- Advanced degree w/ 6+ years overall experience
- 8+ years of experience as a web designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar
- 4+ years as manager of design teams
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Strong understanding of experience with UI and UX design, wireframes, mockups, information architecture, user flows
- Able to work with technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and user centered design solutions
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume, or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to include link to online portfolio, if applicable. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.