Location: Tucson, AZ/Remote
Requisition #: vl-211
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group believes every student has great potential, teachers are mission-critical, and data, instruction and practice work together to drive performance. With a portfolio of award-winning brands, Cambium Learning Group’s digital and blended curriculum, professional learning, and assessment solutions drive proficiency, equity, and other learning outcomes in classrooms everywhere. Brands include Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K-2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional learning for teachers), Cambium Assessment (innovative state- and district-level assessment solutions), and VKidz® Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science).
As one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the Cambium Learning Group, Learning A-Z (LAZ) strives to inspire curiosity, ensure comprehension, and instill the joy of learning for elementary students. With a focus on innovation, resource flexibility, market-responsive and research based practices, LAZ aims to deliver effective, affordable and easy-to-use supplemental elementary resources that can be used anywhere learning takes place.
Our Team. We achieve these goals by putting our employees first. As a deeply embedded and highly respected partner in the elementary education space, LAZ attracts a diverse group of talented people who work in spirited teams to do extraordinary things. Qualified candidates come to LAZ with a passion to serve students and educators, a hunger for making a difference in education, humility to contribute as part of a talented team and the skills to support strong relationships and collaboration.
Our Culture. The Learning A-Z team maintains focus on the teachers and students who are most impacted by the work done in the organization. This mission drives the organization and promotes a culture of purpose and determination. In order to achieve its goals, LAZ works to draw in and retain the best and brightest employees and partner organizations. We hire individuals who seek to share their voice in constructive ways and constructively debate with individuals at all levels.
Vision for this position: The VP of Strategic Marketing is a self-driven, innovative leader who plans and oversees the strategic vision for Learning A-Z’s overall marketing strategy. In addition to driving marketing planning, branding and strategies, they will serve as a key member of the senior leadership team bringing their market expertise and strategic thinking to support the overall organizations strategy and direction. Leveraging internal and external data reporting, the VP of Strategic Marketing will make data driven decisions and recommendations that ensure short and long term goals supporting student success and financial objectives. As a key element of the position, the VP of Strategic Marketing will be responsible for recruiting, retaining, developing and supporting talented marketing professionals that collaborate with sales, customer experience, and product management to ensure that we are bringing our best to the market. Additionally, they will partner with sales to ensure effective and accurate messaging and sales representation as well as develop and execute effective strategies to increase market penetration, expand brand recognition and nurture our customer base.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accurately forecast and deliver marketing outreach strategies to achieve sales and retention goals regionally and nationally with measurable outcomes.
- Leverage market data to understand the size and scope of growth potential among different market segments and develop marketing strategies appropriately.
- Identify potential marketing partnerships to deepen and strengthen our footprint
- Lead branding efforts to strengthen and broaden our customers understanding of our resources
- Lead internal marketing “agency” to drive multi-faceted, innovative marketing campaigns, channel and brand promotions aligned with data evaluation and revenue goals.
- Manage the process of bringing new products and product versions to market, including influencing pricing and messaging strategies with Product Management.
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience Manager to support experiences within marketing that ensure strong customer loyalty based on the evaluation of LTV (lifetime value).
- Maintain a strong pulse on the education industry by staying close with sales, clients, prospects, industry leaders and competitors to identify and promote revenue opportunities for the Company.
- Bring strong leadership, growth and vision to a strong marketing organization that seeks to drive company goals.
- Manage marketing budget.
To accomplish these, the qualified candidate will:
- Be responsible and accountable for driving an effective marketing strategy to ensure the acquisition, retention, and growth of LAZ customers.
- Conduct analysis and provide reporting of marketing strategies regularly to determine effectiveness and make appropriate modifications as needed.
- Demonstrated success leading the creation and execution of multi-faceted, creative marketing campaigns to drive revenue.
- Ensure accurate and timely forecasting of all lead generation activities including conversion and conversion velocity.
- Engage education organizations where mutual benefits exist for partnership and collaboration to expand LAZ footprint.
- Develop strategies for specific market segments and align how LAZ products meet their market need.
- Bring creative marketing approaches that enable LAZ to stand out.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in: Finance, Marketing and/or Business
- Minimum 8-10 years relevant marketing leadership experience and serving in an executive role; experience in SAAS business or K-12 education is a plus, but not essential
- Proven ability to develop creative, effective market driven marketing strategies to drive revenue
- Polish and professionalism with proven successful C-level communication
- Strong, proven leadership skills to support the growth and development of the team
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge in education and/or SAAS business models with experience using those skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a function, account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business, and lead matrix teams on complex projects.
- Sense of Urgency and Quality – Ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment collaboratively with a keen eye for quality.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, both internal and external.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Communication Skills - Oral and written. Ability to listen and develop and conduct impactful presentations that support understanding and sharing of important information
- Collaboration Skills - Collaborate with internal and external audiences to identify and solve problems.
- Customer Service Skills - Aligns partner needs with internal solutions.
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the link to be directed to the job posting on the company’s careers page.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.