Location: Tucson, AZ
Requisition #: vl-00002921
Cambium Learning® Group is an award-winning educational technology solutions leader dedicated to helping all students reach their potential through individualized and differentiated instruction. Using a research-based, personalized approach, Cambium Learning Group delivers SaaS resources and instructional products that engage students and support teachers in fun, positive, safe and scalable environments. These solutions are provided through Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K–2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional development for teachers), and VKidz Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science). We believe that every student has unlimited potential, that teachers matter, and that data, instruction, and practice are the keys to success in the classroom and beyond.
This role is a financial/operational leadership position, playing a vital role in the success of one of Cambium Learning Group’s largest and fastest growing business segment Learning A-Z.
The Vice President, Finance and Operations will act as a key member of Learning A-Z’s leadership team, reporting to the President. This position will play a critical role in the strategic management of the company, leading, developing, and mentoring the teams responsible for LAZ’s operations functions. Additionally, the Vice President of Operations and Finance will set the financial strategy for LAZ’s operating budget while also leading the finance team to design and deliver the financial processes and systems needed to support LAZ’s growth and align to the Corporate CFO.
As LAZ embarks upon our next phase of growth, the Vice President of Operations and Finance will serve as a strategic partner to the company’s senior leaders, providing strong operational and financial guidance. This is an ideal opportunity for a proven leader to apply their operations and finance expertise towards LAZ’s mission of inspiring curiosity, ensuring comprehension and installing the joy of learning for elementary students and teachers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a member of the LAZ leadership team, setting organizational strategy, mentoring staff, and providing financial and operational oversight
- Identify and track relevant key performance indicators/scorecards
- Enhance internal financial management, establishing and maintaining KPI tracking, accounting policies and tools, and strengthening operational infrastructure across all departments and global entities
- Recognize and anticipate opportunities and challenges via business analysis as they relate to organization-wide systems and operations, generating ideas, strategies, and solutions to drive impact
- Oversee the management of the Enterprise Project Management Office (PMO)
- Own the strategic planning and organizational development functions of the organization
- Maintain relationships with legal counsel and engage as necessary
- Manage LAZ’s facilities, as appropriate, and support our virtual staff located across the world
- Develop strategies and implement plans to improve and/or standardize all aspects of operations
- Assist in negotiation and analysis of office facility needs
- Implement systems to automate and scale the business across multiple global locations
- In partnership with the President, communicate effectively with LAZ corporate, Cambium Learning to ensure all parties clearly understand the organization’s financial health and strategy
- Oversee budgetary planning, accounting, compliance, and risk, in alignment with our strategic plan
- Produce financial models, scenario planning, and cash flow projections to ensure proper funds available to meet operational and capital needs
- Refine and develop tools and systems to provide effective and efficient finance and information technology functions
- Manage a finance team to ensure the execution of operational finance (i.e.: management of accounts payable and receivable, fund tracking, etc) and the timely delivery of all internally and externally mandated financial reports in collaboration with the corporate finance office CFO for Cambium Learning
- Oversee preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics
- Perform the overall financial analysis and other financial matters related to any possible acquisitions
- Frame analytical, process or accounting problems with a clear understanding of business context
- Present financial results, challenges and opportunities at operations meetings. Support management to enhance understanding of financial data and performance
- Research, implement and support financial models and other analytical tools to enhance the efficiency of business applications and processes
- Serve as liaison between the business segment and Finance, ensuring that business developments and accounting or financial needs are properly communicated among internal groups.
- 10+ years of leading exceptional finance and operations teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance. CPA/MBA preferred
- Experience from a fast-growth organization, preferably B2B SaaS
- Budget and forecasting experience
- Ability to thrive with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Highly effective analytical and financial modeling skills (ability to recognize and resolve issues)
- Progressive experience working in/leading operational and finance teams
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills
- Preferred experience with a globally distributed organization
- Strong overall leadership skills, inspiring and clear communication style, ability to bring out the best in others
- Passion for what you do with a growth mindset
- Comprehensive understanding and mastery of financial reporting and budget auditing
- Demonstrated track record building, leading, and managing teams; serving as a coach and mentor to staff in a range of functional areas
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to confidently interact with a diverse staff—at all levels—within a virtual work environment
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.