Location: Tucson, AZ/Remote
Requisition #: vl-223
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group believes every student has great potential, teachers are mission-critical, and data, instruction and practice work together to drive performance. With a portfolio of award-winning brands, Cambium Learning Group’s digital and blended curriculum, professional learning, and assessment solutions drive proficiency, equity, and other learning outcomes in classrooms everywhere. Brands include Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K-2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional learning for teachers), Cambium Assessment (innovative state- and district-level assessment solutions), and VKidz® Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science).
This position is responsible for developmental editing in order to help plan, create, and publish teacher- and student-facing resources for Learning A-Z websites.
- Review and edit manuscripts and other source material created by contractors or outside vendors to ensure that they meet the company’s quality standards and best practices in education
- Draft and edit outlines, manuscripts, and other copy; select illustrations, photographs, or animations for resources; and review layouts in PDF or internal Content Management System
- Work with project teams by contributing to project planning processes, managing workflows, providing schedule estimates, assigning work to and training contractors or vendors, requesting contracts, processing invoices, and identifying roadblocks that may require modifications to the process
- Process corrections and other revisions for existing materials and support Editorial team by performing site maintenance tasks as needed
- Contribute topic ideas for resources and products, and work with project teams to suggest ideas for new products and features
- Conduct research and fact-checking on content, including consulting experts on the subject
- Enter content information into relevant databases, and maintain and update content in such databases
- Recruit and evaluate potential contractors, vendors, and consultants as requested
- Perform QA of resources prior to upload to ensure that both content and functionality are as required
- Remain informed (through others’ and own research) about trends and innovations in the industry
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A degree in education, learning sciences, writing, foreign languages, or discipline related to the relevant content area from a four-year college or university is required. Experience developing culturally responsive educational materials for elementary school audiences is highly desirable. Teaching experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills: communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally both verbally and in writing with members of various development teams
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including identifying implicit assumptions, evaluating arguments and data, and drawing sound conclusions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a variety of personnel
- Familiarity with Adobe products, especially Acrobat and InCopy
- Familiarity with state and national education standards or educational content development
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the link to be directed to the job posting on our company’s careers page. https://cambiumlearning.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/camb/job/Remote/Topic-Editor_REQ-223
At Cambium we are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Cambium Learning Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.