Location: Tucson, AZ
Requisition #: vl-00002708
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of four business units: Voyager Sopris Learning™, Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning®, and Kurzweil Education™. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment.
The Topic Editor I is responsible for providing developmental editing and project management in order to help plan, create, and publish teacher- and student-facing products.
Essential Job Functions
- Review and edit products created by contractors or outside vendors to ensure that they meet the company’s quality standards and best practices in education
- Assist with managing projects by contributing to launch processes, tracking tasks, providing schedule estimates, assigning work to and training contractors or vendors, requesting contracts, processing invoices, managing the production process, and identifying roadblocks that may require modifications to the process
- Draft and edit outlines and manuscripts, select illustrations, photographs, or animations for resources, and review proofs created by Production & Design
- Contribute topic ideas for products and suggest ideas for new products and features
- Coordinate with supervising editors, contract editors, copy editors, writers, graphic designers, photo researchers, and consultants to ensure on-time delivery of resources
- Conduct research and fact checking on content for products, including consulting experts on the subject
- Enter content information into relevant databases, and maintain and update content in such databases
- Ensure that an efficient file management system is followed
- Recruit and evaluate potential contractors, vendors, and consultants as requested
- May be requested to assist with training staff and contractors
- Perform QA of resources prior to upload to ensure that both content and functionality are as required
- Attend status and planning meetings and occasionally help schedule meetings
- May occasionally write original content for resources or web copy with support
- Remain informed (through others’ and own research) about trends and innovations in the industry
Additional Job Functions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A degree in education, learning sciences, writing, foreign languages, or discipline related to the relevant content area from a four-year college or university is required.
- Excellent communication skills: communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally both verbally and in writing with members of various development teams
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including identifying implicit assumptions, evaluating arguments and data, and drawing sound conclusions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a variety of personnel
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience developing educational materials for elementary school audiences is highly desirable.
- Teaching experience is a plus
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume, or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include link to online portfolio, if applicable. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.