Requisition #: vl-00002925
Cambium Learning® Group is an award-winning educational technology solutions leader dedicated to helping all students reach their potential through individualized and differentiated instruction. Using a research-based, personalized approach, Cambium Learning Group delivers SaaS resources and instructional products that engage students and support teachers in fun, positive, safe and scalable environments. These solutions are provided through Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K–2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional development for teachers), and VKidz Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science). We believe that every student has unlimited potential, that teachers matter, and that data, instruction, and practice are the keys to success in the classroom and beyond.
As a vital role in the success of one of Cambium Learning Group’s largest and fastest growing business segment Learning A-Z, we are seeking a key member of the executive team to serve as the SVP Global Product Development, who will be responsible for driving best practices, innovation and excellence in the development and delivery of digital solutions for students, teachers and districts around the world.
To thrive in this role, you must lead with charisma, value autonomy, be user-centric while successfully collaborating as part of a team. You are solution-oriented and resourceful, making data-backed decisions to recommend successful product solutions.
Your passion for developing impactful products to educators will be the driving force for success and you have previously designed and developed products that have attained commercial success. You understand the technology and are skilled at managing all stages of digital product development. You are a researcher by nature that utilizes data to gain insights into what users need.
User experience is your second language, design thinking is your go-to methodology, and you have a deep understanding of ethnography. You have the untenable power to turn data and research into a real product.
You are a strong communicator who takes the time to interact with people across different disciplines.
You have a keen sense of community and are always looking for new ways to expand the work of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a team of highly skilled Engineering and Content Development teams to ensure all business objectives are achieved
- Partner with product management, marketing, sales, customer success, and finance stakeholders to ensure solutions meet the defined business objectives
- Oversee all software development solutions as defined by product management leadership
- Help set and delivery against aggressive product/project launch dates defined by business needs
- Develop and implement Strategic Deployment Initiatives and Annual Improvement Priorities for Product Applications
- Develop a cost-effective product reliability/design validation strategy to minimize costs
- Prepare forecasts and present Engineering and Content Development related business objectives and organizational strategies that correlate with other functions
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Senior Leadership team to help set the direction for the company
- Report status against goals and initiatives demonstrating the ability to produce results for the company
- Approve specific product designs; drive revisions and high-quality ending output with product management and design teams; question platform and engineering decisions where they impact user-facing functionality and current or future engineering scope
- Analyse costs, activities, operations, and forecasts data to determine departmental or divisional progress toward stated goals
- Ensure all development is compliant with all federal, state, and local student privacy and security guidelines
- Measure the success and impact of releases and product development with clearly defined goals and measurable metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading software development and engineering teams
- Experience working in publishing and Ed Tech products
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritize assignments
- Must be creative and collaborative with internal and external customers when addressing data needs
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced degree
- Experience working with remote teams and internationally
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.