Location: Tucson, AZ/Remote
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group is an award-winning educational technology solutions leader dedicated to helping all students reach their potential through individualized and differentiated instruction. Using a research-based, personalized approach, Cambium Learning Group delivers SaaS resources and instructional products that engage students and support teachers in fun, positive, safe and scalable environments. These solutions are provided through Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations and a math fact fluency solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional development for teachers), and VKidz Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science). We believe that every student has unlimited potential, that teachers matter, and that data, instruction, and practice are the keys to success in the classroom and beyond.
The Spanish Book Contract Editor is responsible for providing developmental editing in order to help plan, create, and publish teacher- and student-facing Spanish products.
This position is for an independent contractor.Essential Job Functions:
- Draft and edit outlines and manuscripts in Spanish, select illustrations, photographs, or animations for resources, and review proofs created by Production & Design
- Contribute topic ideas for products and suggest ideas for new products and features
- Coordinate with supervising editors, contract editors, copy editors, writers, graphic designers, photo researchers, and consultants to ensure on-time delivery of resources
- Conduct research and fact checking on content for products, including consulting experts on the subject
- Enter content information into relevant databases, and maintain and update content in such databases
- Ensure that an efficient file management system is followed
- Attend status and planning meetings and occasionally schedule meetings when pertaining to art selection for books
Additional Job Functions:
- May occasionally write original content for resources
- A degree in education, learning sciences, writing, foreign languages, or discipline related to the relevant content area from a four-year college or university is required
- Excellent communication skills: communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally both verbally and in writing with members of various development teams
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including identifying implicit assumptions, evaluating arguments and data, and drawing sound conclusions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a variety of personnel
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent in Spanish and English
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience developing educational materials for elementary school audiences is highly desirable
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Publishing experience is a plus
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume or email your resume and cover letter to Marissa.Basch@learninga-z.com. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.