Location: Ann Arbor, MI / Tucson, AZ
Requisition #: vl-00002232
Duration: Full Time
Essential Job Functions
- Architects, designs, and/or implements applications that conform to a business need. Maintains a business perspective in terms of understanding/affecting how systems are implemented to satisfy user goals.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of a system or feature. An SSE reviews requirements, generates designs, provides rough order of magnitude estimates, implements, and performs unit testing.
- Should feel that the quality of his/her work is a direct result of his/her own testing. An SSE should be able to handle assignments where no formal QA occurs. Systems developed should behave to a high standard of quality.
- Proposes, develops, reviews, and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high-quality systems.
- Works on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines. An SSE is expected to progress on the project without much guidance from management. In addition, an SSE proposes new projects that will satisfy business needs.
- Can troubleshoot problems of a complex nature. Shall support systems that he/she has not implemented.
- Provides technical guidance and training to other team members.
- Shares architecture formally and informally with the team and stakeholders.
- Keeps informed of technical advances. Proposes changes based on newer technology.
- May be asked to research or investigate business opportunities that have no clear direction.
- May be involved in testing beyond unit testing (e.g. integration testing with a remote location, capacity testing)
Required Skills and Abilities
- 5-8 years software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Should be familiar with front-end languages and relational databases
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- 9+ years software engineering experience
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume, or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.