Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Requisition #: vl-00002973
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group believes every student has great potential, teachers are mission-critical, and data, instruction and practice work together to drive performance. With a portfolio of award-winning brands, Cambium Learning Group's digital and blended curriculum, professional learning, and assessment solutions drive proficiency, equity, and other learning outcomes in classrooms everywhere. Brands include Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K-2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional learning for teachers), Cambium Assessment (innovative stateand district-level assessment solutions), and VKidz® Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science).
The QA Team Lead is responsible for leading and managing quality assurance efforts and personnel at Learning A-Z. The QA team executes test plans, creates automated test scripting, and manually verifies software features and bug fixes. The QA Team Lead will work with the software engineering staff and outside departments to ensure released software is of the highest possible quality, both as a manager and as an individual contributor performing the basic duties of a QA Engineer. The Team Lead should keep the team up-to-date on new tools and developments related to QA testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and lead QA testing efforts
- Mentor and support QA team members
- Analyze, design, plan, develop, implement, perform, and maintain both manual and automated software testing
- Document testing process
- Create and tear down virtual machines for testing
- Write detailed bug reports
- Assess and gather data related to team effectiveness
- 8-10 years QA experience
- 3-5 years personnel management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with FogBugz, Jira, BugZilla, or similar ticketing software
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.