Location: Tucson, AZ
Requisition #: vl-00002830
Duration: Full Time/Temp
Cambium Learning® Group is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of five business units: Voyager Sopris Learning™, Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning®, Kurzweil Education™, and VKidz Holdings. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment.
The Project Manager will coordinate and oversee various aspects of project management and scheduling for the Publishing department’s product development, with the end goal of ensuring editorial, production, and publishing services teams deliver quality products on time.
There are currently two (2) openings for this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the management of Publishing projects as assigned, including collaborative projects with engineering departments
- Oversees all aspects of project management, including scheduling, budgeting, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, increasing business efficiencies, and monitoring and summarizing progress of project
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project
- Oversees the idea generation, prelaunch stages of a project, and project launch meetings, coordinating with all teams involved
- Schedules and conducts regular project status meetings to track progress as well as to identify issues and solve potential problems
- Performs a variety of tasks, and leads and directs the work of others
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro, FileMaker, Google Suites, and Microsoft Office
Additional Job Functions
- Assist in maintaining of internal project management documentation
- Assist in “best practices” training of non-project management editorial staff that are fulfilling a project management role
- Bachelor’s or Associate's Degree
- Certification in Project Management/Actively working on Project Management Certification
- Minimum of 2–4 years project management experience, preferably in educational publishing or media
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Preferred background in educational publishing and/or media
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro, Google Suites, and Microsoft Office; proficiency with Mac and PC platforms
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume, or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to include link to online portfolio, if applicable. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.