Location: Tucson, AZ
Requisition #: vl-00002828
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of five business units: Voyager Sopris Learning™, Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning®, Kurzweil Education™, and VKidz Holdings. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment.
The Project Management Portfolio Manager will use knowledge of project, portfolio and/or program management to help lead the Learning A-Z’s Publishing Department’s Project Management team. Reporting to the Director of Process and Project Management, this position will be responsible for assigning, training, managing, and supporting the team of Project Managers. Additionally, the position will assist with prioritizing and tracking projects, allocating staffing and resources, and developing the tools and processes to accomplish these tasks.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead, support, and mentor team of project managers handling small to very large projects
- Utilize project and portfolio or program management experience to oversee staffing and resource allocation within the Publishing Department
- Work with project managers to manage scope, budget, schedule, and aspects of projects
- Serve as project manager as needed
- Participate in project prioritization, project launch, and project status meetings
- Work collaboratively with various team leads or department heads on strategic and project planning
- Solve problems creatively and efficiently
- Quickly become knowledgeable of existing department processes
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of project management tools, working closely with the Process team
- Develop and implement a system to support editorial leads serving in the project manager role
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with staff at all levels
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, Google tools and software
Additional Job Functions
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency
- Manage MBO goal completion and annual performance reviews for staff under supervision
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business/Management
- Certification in Project Management (PMP, CAPM, or other)
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office, and Google G Suite tools; work across Mac and PC platforms; familiarity with project management software
- Minimum of 5+ yrs progressive experience in project management including supervising staff of 3 or more, and/or project portfolio/program management
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Preferred background in educational publishing (educational or other)
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume, or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to include link to online portfolio, if applicable. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.