Requisition #: 47
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group believes every student has great potential, teachers are mission-critical, and data, instruction and practice work together to drive performance. With a portfolio of award-winning brands, Cambium Learning Group’s digital and blended curriculum, professional learning, and assessment solutions drive proficiency, equity, and other learning outcomes in classrooms everywhere. Brands include Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K-2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional learning for teachers), Cambium Assessment (innovative stateand district-level assessment solutions), and VKidz® Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science).
The Professional Development Manager’s primary duties are to build broad and successful usage of Learning A-Z by managing and implementing high quality Learning A-Z product training and professional development (PD) across the manager’s assigned region. This position is based in the East region (Buffalo/Rochester, NY area). The Professional Development Manager is also responsible for supporting sales efforts, as measured by regional business growth, subscription renewals, and subscription expansions. The Professional Development Manager will contribute to measurably improved classroom instructional practices and effective utilization of Learning A-Z resources to secure and generate significant renewal and expansion revenue for the Learning A-Z Company.
The Professional Development Manager is part of Learning A-Z’s Professional Learning Services Department and reports to Learning A-Z’s Regional Sr. Professional Development Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
Territory Management and Training Duties (90% of position)
Contribute to the Learning A-Z’s PD department’s goals, objectives, and projects in the following areas:
Professional Development Implementation
- Develop positive working relationships with schools/districts.
- Work with implementation site contacts to develop PD plan designed to effectively deliver initial and ongoing training and support.
- Manage PD events in collaboration with a district/school, including: evaluation of event needs, assignment of qualified trainer, approval of trainer invoices, and after-event follow-up with site contact.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Professional Development Manager to set, document, analyze, and manage PD activities towards measurable performance metrics as needed
- Effectively communicate with sales division and PD division members regarding PD scheduling and fulfillment and to discuss school/site needs assessed and goals for account
- Analyze usage reports for client districts within assigned region to identify those needing additional support.
- Assist in developing, revising and implementing innovative custom and standard training programs including presentations, site specific agendas, handouts, exercises, and other resource materials
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with training team members, sales account representatives, sales management, customer service personnel, and customers
- Respond to specific training inquiries, interview potential clients to assess needs and market services
- Conduct full day and half day active learning on-site professional development sessions and webinar training to fulfill PD assignments
- Complete documentation of pre and post training reports, surveys, and communications
- Mentor and support PD Specialists as needed
- Assist in development of team events and communications
- Attend staff meetings; take part in collaborative decision-making, goal setting, etc.
- Contribute to ongoing training of PD Specialists on educational trends and new product development
- Assist in assessing and gathering data related to overall department effectiveness
- Assist with tracking expenses of professional development department related to PD Specialist travel and expenses
Sales Support Duties (10% of position)
- Represent Learning A-Z and present awareness sessions at sales events and professional conferences
- Provide documentation of pre-event, on-site, and post-event activities related to sales support activities
- Persuasively interact with school decision makers in pre-sale and Learning A-Z use status
Additional Job Functions:
Track, document, and submit expenses related to Learning A-Z duties Discern and communicate overall status of PD and sales support activities/strategies Discern and communicate overall status of implementations. Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Masters Degree preferred
- Undergraduate degree (Major) in Elementary Education, or related field
Experience in a leadership role:
- 2-3 years of management or coordinator experience
- Successful experience in recruiting, training, and/or managing staff and contract trainers and professional developers
- Proven ability to work with small, flexible, cross-functional teams to set measurable goals and meet or exceed them.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Experience managing a schedule independently in a home-based office
- Proven leadership experience as a professional development and sales support provider:
- Experience delivering PD for teachers, particularly in literacy
- 3 years of classroom experience as a teacher of elementary education or reading, or in a comparable educational setting
- Knowledge of educational research pertaining to instruction and PD in literacy
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent training/presentation skills using adult learning concepts
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and stress management skills
- Excellent public speaking and large group facilitation skills
- Basic computer literacy specifically with Microsoft Office
- Ability to be part of a small, collaborative work team
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including some weekend and evening work as well as extensive travel (up to 60%)
- 100% fluent in reading, writing, speaking and presenting professional learning in Spanish
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with Learning A-Z products
- Experience with webinar delivery tools
- Proven effectiveness in interacting with school district decision makers
- Experience with learner management systems
- Previous experience as a telecommuter
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.