Location: Washington D.C./Remote
Requisition #: vl-110
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group believes every student has great potential, teachers are mission-critical, and data, instruction and practice work together to drive performance. With a portfolio of award-winning brands, Cambium Learning Group’s digital and blended curriculum, professional learning, and assessment solutions drive proficiency, equity, and other learning outcomes in classrooms everywhere. Brands include Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K-2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional learning for teachers), Cambium Assessment (innovative state- and district-level assessment solutions), and VKidz® Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science).Essential Job Functions:
Contribute to the Learning A-Z’s PD department’s goals, objectives, and projects in the following areas:
Professional Development Implementation
- Develop positive working relationships with schools/districts.
- Work with implementation site contacts to develop PD plan designed to effectively deliver initial and ongoing training and support incorporating both complimentary and fee-based professional learning.
- Manage PD events in collaboration with a district/school, including: evaluation of event needs, assignment of qualified trainer, approval of trainer invoices, and after-event follow-up with site contact.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Professional Development Manager to set, document, analyze, and manage PD activities towards measurable performance metrics as needed
- Effectively communicate with sales division and PD division members regarding PD scheduling and fulfillment and to discuss school/site needs assessed and goals for account
- Analyze usage reports for client districts within assigned region to identify those needing additional support.
- Assist in developing, revising and implementing innovative custom and standard training programs including presentations, site specific agendas, handouts, exercises, and other resource materials
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with professional learning team members team members, sales account representatives, sales management, customer service personnel, and customers
- Respond to specific training inquiries, interview potential clients to assess needs and market services
- Conduct full day and half day active learning on-site professional development sessions and webinar training to fulfill PD assignments
- Complete documentation of pre and post training reports, surveys, and communications
- Mentor and support PD Contractors as needed
- Assist in development of team events and communications
- Attend staff meetings; take part in collaborative decision-making, goal setting, etc.
- Contribute to ongoing training of PD contractors on educational trends and new product development
- Assist in assessing and gathering data related to overall effectiveness in region
- Track, document, and submit expenses related to Learning A-Z duties
Sales Support Duties (10% of position)
- Represent Learning A-Z and present awareness sessions at sales events and professional conferences
- Provide documentation of pre-event, on-site, and post-event activities related to sales support activities
- Persuasively interact with school decision makers in pre-sale and Learning A-Z use status
- Undergraduate degree (Major) in Elementary Education, or related field
- Experience in a leadership role:
- Proven and successful experience delivering professional development for educators, particularly in literacy
- Experience in delivering webinar based professional learning using various platforms
- 2-3 years of management or coordinator experience
- Proven ability to work with small, flexible, cross-functional teams to set measurable goals and meet or exceed them.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Experience managing a schedule independently in a home-based office
- Proven leadership experience as a professional development and sales support provider:
- 3 years of classroom experience as a teacher of elementary education or reading, or in a comparable educational setting
- Knowledge of educational research pertaining to instruction and PD in literacy
- Excellent training/presentation skills using adult learning concepts
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and stress management skills
- Excellent public speaking and large group facilitation skills
- Strong computer literacy specifically with Microsoft Office, and engagement strategies for virtual professional learning delivery
- Ability to be part of a small, collaborative work team
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including some weekend and evening work as well as extensive travel (up to 60%)
- Bilingual - fluent in reading, writing, speaking and presenting professional learning in Spanish is preferred
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with Learning A-Z products
- Experience with webinar delivery tools
- Proven effectiveness in interacting with school district decision makers
- Experience with learner management systems
- Previous experience as a telecommuter
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the link to be directed to the company’s careers page.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.