Location: Tucson, AZ
Requisition #: vl-00002685
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group (Nasdaq: ABCD) is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of four business units: Voyager Sopris Learning™, Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning®, and Kurzweil Education™. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment.
The Production & Design Manager will oversee design and production projects as assigned by the Senior Production & Design Manager. He/She will be responsible for organizing, tracking workflow and coordinating with the Editorial department for assigned projects. He/She will oversee a graphic design team assigned to projects and edit/proof production work as well as coordinate schedules for his/her team and run production meetings as necessary. He/She will work closely with the Senior Production & Design Manager. He/She will also do design and production work on assigned projects as needed. Deals directly with Editors, and the Digital Assets department. This is a professional position with up to 10 direct reports.
Essential Job Functions
- Organize, prioritize and manage production projects and staffing resources
- Track, traffic, edit, proof and give productive feedback to design staff on products
- Collaborate with Editors & Prod. Process Manager to create Project Launch Documents
- Manage and be responsible for a team of graphic designers, monitoring their workload and identifying risks to meeting deadlines
- Create or oversee the creation of prototypes for new LAZ products
- Facilitate the launch process of projects with outside vendors or development houses
- Work with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat software to design a host of educational resources produced by Learning A-Z
Additional Job Functions
- Be highly aware of production procedures and protocol and make sure that any projects under his/her supervision adhere to these standards
- Provide clear verbal and written communication about the status of projects. Give regular updates to manager about project status and identify any problems or roadblocks
- Work closely with Senior Production & Design Manager to establish a clear and unified production management team under the Director of Production & Design
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in design and production for publication
- Must have at least 3 of years experience managing projects and associates
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Highly proficient in Adobe InDesign & PhotoShop
- Experience with project tracking and trafficking concepts and software
- Experience editing, proofing and coaching
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume, or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to include link to online portfolio, if applicable. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.