Requisition #: vl-129
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group believes every student has great potential, teachers are mission-critical, and data, instruction and practice work together to drive performance. With a portfolio of award-winning brands, Cambium Learning Group's digital and blended curriculum, professional learning, and assessment solutions drive proficiency, equity, and other learning outcomes in classrooms everywhere. Brands include Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K-2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional learning for teachers), Cambium Assessment (innovative stateand district-level assessment solutions), and VKidz® Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science).
The product manager is responsible for product vision, product strategy, product design, and the delivery of customer centric solutions. The manager provides strategic analysis and execution in the areas of product development, business development, and project management, and will use analytical rigor and customer experience insights to support strategic decision making aligned with clearly defined business needs and goals and provide support in scaling in strategic growth areas. The product manager will report to a senior or director of product management, and will engage, learn, and collaborate with other team members.Essential Job Functions:
- Input into building the roadmap for developing and launching products or a series of products, lead execution of components of the vision, and align stakeholders around it
- Collect, summarize and translate the information gained from conversations with teachers, students, administrators to enhance LAZ products and inform building of new products for the portfolio
- In collaboration with director and team, conduct market research in house and/or through an external vendor to deeply understand the needs of the buyers and users of the product
- Develop strategies and lead the processes involved in product design: market review and analysis
- In collaboration with Content Development and Engineering, concept, prototype, design, and test products; conduct project planning and mapping
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience to identify product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience, improve LAZ product performance, and drive growth
- Present ideas to leadership and to internal teams, and collaborate with the Marketing, Engineering, Content Development, and Sales teams to further next steps in developing user experience enhancements
- Lead a regular process for gathering input from internal and external subject matter experts to prioritize product requirements
- Develop deep / offerings expertise on the competitive set and how LAZ should be positioned vis-à-vis current market leaders
- Evaluate new product portfolio opportunities to develop and align on clear strategies for scaling in the market
- Translate defined product strategies into detailed requirements and prototypes, incorporating collaboration and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Cultivate deep expertise on educational models, trends, and research in K-5 to ensure LAZ’s platform and products reflect cutting edge models for engaging learners.
- Create, develop and drive the launch strategy and implementation. Forecast and revise revenue projections based on continual market testing and refinement.
- Set goals for performance that align with LAZ’s core values, organizational objectives, and vision and communicate them to direct reports and team.
- Collaborate with team members.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic achievement
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Consulting or Product Development
- Strong quantitative data analytical skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated project management and organization skills
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and drive collaborative work
- Passion for education and meaningful social impact
- Demonstrated leadership experience (volunteering, club leadership, etc.)
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/visual and oral communication skills
- Previous experience (greater than 3 years of) in product management in the education sector
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the link to be directed to the company’s careers page.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.