Location: Tucson, AZ
Requisition #: vl-192
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group believes every student has great potential, teachers are mission-critical, and data, instruction and practice work together to drive performance. With a portfolio of award-winning brands, Cambium Learning Group’s digital and blended curriculum, professional learning, and assessment solutions drive proficiency, equity, and other learning outcomes in classrooms everywhere. Brands include Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K-2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional learning for teachers), Cambium Assessment (innovative state- and district-level assessment solutions), and VKidz® Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science).
The National Account Specialist (NAS) is a self-motivated and driven individual that will perform many duties of a traditional Sales Representative but is not assigned a permanent territory. The NAS covers open territories as needed in situations such as vacations, family leave, long-term illness and terminations. May cover one territory for extended period of time or may cover several territories at the same time for a brief period.
The expectation is to meet and exceed quotas to help us develop and grow loyal customer relationships across our diverse products and markets. The ideal candidate is someone who is humble, hungry and smart. An individual focused on winning, goal oriented and known for building trust and rapport.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use consultative sales techniques to understand the needs that prospective customers have and demonstrate Leaning A – Z’s solution(s) to best meet those needs
- Close any sales in process, in the territory being covered; by working with notes from SalesForce.com (SFDC) previously provided by the absent rep, the NAS moves the sales forward to completion. This may include sending out quotes and getting orders processed.
- Effectively document all activities in SFDC
- Check voicemail, email and faxes to maintain effective daily communications with customers being covered.
- Follow-up as needed on any marketing or sales initiatives in territory being covered
- Follow-up on activities set-up by traditional Inside Sales Representative, calling customers as needed and ensuring the customer’s needs are taken care of.
- When potential sales/opportunities are identified, the NAS adds it to the pipeline for the area being covered or updates the information already in the pipeline.
- While covering for the open territory, the NAS takes direction from the Inside Sales Manager of that territory and partners with field sales representative of that territory.
- Adheres to Inside Sales metrics on a daily and weekly basis.
- Must be flexible and effective in various situations. There is often short notice for the assignment and sometimes there is insufficient background information on pending sales or customers being served.
- The NAS must work with the Sales Manager to gather needed information.
- Responsible to effectively report and carry out all assignments given by the reporting Inside Sales Manager, who may be different than the covering territory’s Inside Sales Manager.
- Invest in existing opportunities by scheduling meetings, demonstrations, webinars, sending proposals, and securing new agreements
- Record and maintain detailed records of all interactions in CRM tool (SalesForce.com)
- Meet and exceed all targets and quotas
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis for prospective clients
- Continually increase product and job expertise by participating in training and educational opportunities
- Keep abreast of best practices and market trends
- Keep abreast of funding sources and educational initiatives in the assigned Territory
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Additional duties as required by business need
- 3 - 5 years of experience in sales
- Proven track record of success, including meeting and exceeding goals
- Basic knowledge of cloud technologies
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, negotiation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Update all forecasting files and reports and conduct accurate forecasting for the assigned Territory.
- A business acumen
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Experience to use and understand CRM applications (i.e. Salesforce)
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to instigate and continuously grow a pipeline
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure, fast-paced, and demanding environment
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and open to feedback
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Inside Sales experience proactively making outbound calls
- Sales Experience in K – 6 marketplace
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the link to be directed to the job posting on the company’s careers page.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.