Location: Tucson, AZ/Remote
Requisition #: vl-220
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group believes every student has great potential, teachers are mission-critical, and data, instruction and practice work together to drive performance. With a portfolio of award-winning brands, Cambium Learning Group’s digital and blended curriculum, professional learning, and assessment solutions drive proficiency, equity, and other learning outcomes in classrooms everywhere. Brands include Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K-2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional learning for teachers), Cambium Assessment (innovative state- and district-level assessment solutions), and VKidz® Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science).
This position is responsible for participating in the ideation and development of teacher- and student-facing products, including but not limited to formative, summative, interim, and/or diagnostic assessments, and the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with Editors, Impact Analyst, Product Management and others to determine effective data collection, assessment and reporting needs for resources based on the project scope, goals, impact needs, and other requirements
- Recruit, evaluate, and train potential contractors, vendors, consultants and internal team members as needed regarding assessment development
- Analyze item analysis reports to help facilitate corrections and maintain reliability of quizzes and quiz items
- Coordinate quarterly item analyses with psychometricians
- Be a conduit between psychometricians and in-house staff to communicate relevant information on assessments, and act as the in-house expert on assessments, including training internal staff or contracting with consultants as needed
- Collaborate with others to ideate and determine scope of products, including identifying adequate assessment needs
- Create guidelines for external parties who write assessment items, and write and/or oversee the writing of assessment items, working with consultants as needed
- Collaborate with Editors before and after user testing of instructional resources and offer recommended revisions to resources as needed
- Review and edit products created by contractors or outside vendors to ensure that they meet the company’s quality standards and best practices in education
- Track project tasks, provide schedule estimates, assign work to and train contractors or vendor, request contracts, and process invoices
- Coordinate with supervising editors, contract editors, copy editors, writers, graphic designers, photo researchers, and consultants to ensure on-time delivery of resources
- Conduct research on content for products, including consulting experts on the subject
- Enter content information into relevant databases, and maintain and update content in such databases
- Edit and review proofs of concept and manuscripts, contribute to selection of illustrations, photographs, or animations for resources, and review content created by Production & Design in PDF proofs or within our content management system
- Perform QA of resources prior to upload to ensure that both content and functionality are as required
- Coordinate with Product Managers, UX Developers, and others to obtain data from instructional user testing and market research in order to implement product features or revisions
- Collaborate with Product Managers to make needed or desirable revisions to existing products based on customer needs and market analysis
- Remain informed about trends and innovations in the industry through others’ and own research
- Ensure alignment between project scope, learning objectives and assessments
- Other duties as assigned
- An advanced degree in assessment, education or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Experience creating and implementing assessments for elementary school audiences for a minimum of three (3) years
- Experience analyzing assessment data for educators
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including identifying implicit assumptions, evaluating arguments, and drawing sound conclusions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of personnel
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Formal training in psychometrics
- Assessment creation for English Language Learners and/or Spanish speakers
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Familiarity with resource and assessment alignments to State and Core Curriculum Standards
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the link to be directed to the job posting on our company’s careers page.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.