Location: Tucson, AZ
Requisition #: vl-00002765
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of five business units: Voyager Sopris Learning™, Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning®, Kurzweil Education™, and VKidz Holdings. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment.
The Director of Research and Evaluation is responsible for overseeing and implementing all evaluation and research efforts on Learning A-Z products. Research projects include instructional user testing, assessment creation, item analysis, third-party efficacy evaluations, and customer-facing reports of student proficiency and growth. The director will be responsible for managing the team and budget associated with each type of project as well as communicating workflows and results to Learning A-Z stakeholders, including sales, marketing, editorial, engineering, customer success, and product management teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop, implement, and manage research, evaluation, and measurement activities and projects
- Monitor research, evaluation, and measurement activities carried out by contractors
- Analyze data and synthesize information from education research and related areas
- Prepare written reports and summaries to convey information to a variety of audiences
- Engage in dissemination and outreach activities, such as publishing scholarly work and attending scientific conferences
- Collaborate and consult with staff across multiple departments
- Manage, conduct, and/or contract research projects that inform the development of new products or services for reading education
- Master’s degree in research sciences, curriculum, or a related educational field; PhD preferred
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to present research plans and findings are essential, as is the ability to work in a team environment
- High level of technical competence in and demonstrated application of measurement and research methodologies as well as SaaS applications
- Experience in reading research and measurement is required
- Five years of experience in implementing educational technology resources in K-12 settings
- Five years of experience in designing, implementing, analyzing, and disseminating outcomes from educational technology research efforts, including pilot evaluations, correlational studies, quasi-experimental studies, and action research efforts
- Teaching or research experience in a university or school district a plus
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume, or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include link to online portfolio, if applicable. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.