Requisition #: vl-189
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group believes every student has great potential, teachers are mission-critical, and data, instruction and practice work together to drive performance. With a portfolio of award-winning brands, Cambium Learning Group’s digital and blended curriculum, professional learning, and assessment solutions drive proficiency, equity, and other learning outcomes in classrooms everywhere. Brands include Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K-2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional learning for teachers), Cambium Assessment (innovative state- and district-level assessment solutions), and VKidz® Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science).
This position is primarily responsible for participation in Key District Listing, Instructional Materials Adoptions, and Requests for Proposals—for all Learning A-Z products and services. Support for other department responsibilities and sales channels (e.g., RFQs, RFIs, Contract Renewals, Vendor Registrations, and Funding/Grants) may be requested as well.
Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to Vendor Registrations, Catalog Bids, and Contract Requests
- Proposal Development Support and Production
- Monitor district/state websites for RFP opportunities
- In response to Request for Proposals the business has decided to submit, support the team’s proposal development managers with proposal document set up: Set up proposal response document according to instruction and guidelines from the specifications in the RFP; Adhere to the team’s and business unit’s style guide when setting up.; Pre-load boilerplate content into the format and structure required by the specifications. Develop and prepare physical shipment/aesthetic look/feel of submission.
- Support PDM in tactical steps and RFP project plans, ensuring all RFP specifications are addressed.
- Copy edit/review proposals in final stages.
- Ensure accurate delivery of proposals on time.
- Support maintenance of springboard assets to assist in faster, accurate preparation of higher numbers of RFPs (e.g., templates for products and services).
- At times, writing and coordinating a full RFP may be required (write, publish, and ensure deadline delivery of RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs).
- Maintain contract documentation for awarded proposals.
- Coordinate information gathering (FOIAs, rubrics, etc.) for awarded proposals not awarded proposals.
- Key State and District Adoption and Listing Support and Production
- Support proposal development managers in the development of submission materials for listings and adoptions.
- Support the ideation, presentation, and development of sampling configurations (physical, print, and blended options). Ship and ensure on-time delivery to agency.
- Support product management and marketing teams with integrated awareness of sample requirements as they relate to both state and district adoption needs for the specific target review audience.
- Assemble and bind adoption documents.
- Support the project management of proposal development managers.
- Maintain master database of submissions, electronic files, records, delivery tracking, and notes.
- Close collaboration with proposal development manager, development/editorial, sales, marketing, and product management team to ensure multiple priorities are accomplished.
- Execute post-mortem award activities (contract maintenance, checklist of items accomplished, etc.)
- Support New York City Vendor Portal submissions
- General Team Responsibilities
- Maintenance and updating of SOPs.
- Support Coordinator roles and duties when Coordinator is not in office.
- State and industry trends monitoring as proactive information for company.
- Audit of subscriptions and services for targeted team and field support.
- Annual and quarterly maintenance and update of team master price list.
- Team metrics management may also be required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Qualified Candidates will have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, a collaborative spirit, a proactive approach, and the ability to identify, meet, and work well under deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with internal professionals (executives, managers, coordinators, sales executives, customer service representatives, production teams, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with external professionals (vendors, state departments of education, district procurement liaisons, etc.)
- Effective time/project management, organization, follow-up, and problem-solving skills (i.e., step-by-step project planning and clear delineation of tasks so that all stakeholders know clearly what is due, by when, and to whom).
- The ability to work with a team and prioritize is critical.
- Ability to research and review a large amount of disparate information from a variety of sources, and then analyze and organize the information to determine and recommend an appropriate course of action.
- Individual responsibility and initiative to both come up to speed and stay up to speed to be proficient in the tasks required to perform the job.
- A successful associate in the position will demonstrate the ability to seek, start, manage, and complete work, ensuring appropriate guidance, approvals, and communication about what has been accomplished.
- Proven direct experience managing multiple, concurrent projects simultaneously with high degree of quality and adherence to external requirements and internal project schedules.
- Expert ability with Web searching and researching.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Pro are necessary to complete day-to-day operations.
- Expertise in aesthetic appeal of all kinds of documents (from 1-page descriptions of products to the consistency and logic of a list of bid items on a spreadsheet)
- Extremely detail oriented - would catch subtle differences in wording and/or numbers.
- Ability to focus on both fulfilling requirements (per specifications) while considering aesthetic appeal and intelligibility to the customer receiving the submission (marketing and editing skills).
- Proactive foresight of potential negative ramifications pertaining to the way in which a bid is constructed and proactive problem solving to ensure risks are mitigated.
- The ability to turn insights into action.
- Proposal writing experience (approach, content, design, and publishing finished proposal) or general writing and editing experience desired.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Familiarity with K-12 products and services
- Experience in the education market
- Experience with Salesforce and Google Suite
- Awareness of state and district level adoptions
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the link to be directed to the company’s careers page.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.