Requisition #: vl-228
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group believes every student has great potential, teachers are mission-critical, and data, instruction and practice work together to drive performance. With a portfolio of award-winning brands, Cambium Learning Group’s digital and blended curriculum, professional learning, and assessment solutions drive proficiency, equity, and other learning outcomes in classrooms everywhere. Brands include Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K-2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional learning for teachers), Cambium Assessment (innovative state- and district-level assessment solutions), and VKidz® Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science).
The Associate Product Manager supports product managers in creating and executing on the product vision, product strategy, product design, and the delivery of customer-centric solutions for K-5 educators and students. The Associate Product Manager will report to a Senior or Director of Product Management, and will engage, learn, and collaborate with other team members, including:
- Conduct competitor and industry analysis for identifying and proposing product improvement initiatives in the K-5 education space.
- Address product related inquiries and questions from customers and internal teams in accurate and timely manner.
- Provide support and guidance in product management tasks.
- Perform measuring, analyzing and positioning of the product line.
- Work with marketing teams to plan, develop and implement product marketing strategies.
- Develop product management plan to achieve financial and operating targets.
- Support in developing product pricing and marketing strategies to achieve sales objectives.
- Identify new product and marketing opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Input into building the roadmap for developing and launching products or a series of products, execute on components of the vision, and align stakeholders around it.
- Collect, summarize and translate the information gained from conversations with teachers, students, and administrators to enhance Learning A-Z products and inform building of new products for the portfolio.
- In collaboration with the team, conduct market research in house and/or through an external vendor to deeply understand the needs of the buyers and users of the product.
- Develop strategies and lead the processes involved in product design: market review and analysis.
- In collaboration with Content Development and Engineering, concept, prototype, design, and test products; conduct project planning and mapping.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience to identify product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience, improve Learning A-Z product performance, and drive growth.
- Present ideas to the product management team, and collaborate with the Marketing, Engineering, Content Development, and Sales teams to further next steps in developing user experience enhancements.
- Develop deep / offerings expertise on the competitive set and how Learning A-Z should be positioned vis-à-vis current market leaders.
- Evaluate new product portfolio opportunities to develop and align on clear strategies for scaling in the market.
- Translate defined product strategies into detailed requirements and prototypes, incorporating collaboration and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Cultivate deep expertise on educational models, trends, and research in K-5 to ensure Learning A-Z’s platform and products reflect cutting edge models for engaging learners.
- Support the launch strategy and implementation of product solutions.
- Collaborate and clearly communicate with all team members.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within accelerated timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic achievement
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in Consulting or Product Development
- Strong quantitative data analytical skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated project management and organization skills
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and drive collaborative work
- Passion for education and meaningful social impact
- Demonstrated leadership experience (volunteering, club leadership, etc.)
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/visual and oral communication skills
- Previous experience (greater than 3 years) in the education sector
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the link to be directed to the job posting on our company’s careers page. https://cambiumlearning.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/camb/job/Remote/Associate-Product-Manager_REQ-228
At Cambium we are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Cambium Learning Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.