Location: Tucson, AZ / Field
Requisition #: vl-00002764
Duration: Full Time
Cambium Learning® Group is a leading educational solutions and services company that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of five business units: Voyager Sopris Learning™, Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning®, Kurzweil Education™, and VKidz Holdings. Together, these business units provide best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment.
Learning A-Z seeks an innovative, analytical Associate Product Manager to join its growing Product Management team. The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for the student portal and mobile app as well as specific projects and programs across the entire Learning A-Z product suite. The Associate Product Manager will need to be a dynamic team player and work both independently and collaboratively toward the success of the business and of the products.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete market sensing activities in order to gain a deeper level of understanding of the K-12 education market and its trends, including focus groups, trade shows, and events, and traveling with sales
- Collaborate with marketing and product management on competitive analysis
- Serve as primary subject matter expert and voice of the student and parent personas and own the user experience
- Gather, analyze, and prioritize inputs from product analytics, financial data, customers, and internal stakeholders in order to develop product requirements
- Own product roadmaps, vision, and prioritize development based on business and customer impact
- Translate the market’s problems into actionable, clearly communicated stories for engineering
- Work extensively with engineering/UX team on use cases and functionality design
- Conduct user and market testing with lightweight prototypes
- Collaborate and facilitate productive dialog with other product managers, sales, marketing, UX, research and evaluation, engineering, customer service, and engineering
- Answer questions from sales, customers, or other stakeholders with regard to functionality, planned improvements, and so forth
- Train, as needed, other groups in the organization on new releases and enhancements
- Work with product support on technical knowledgebase, as required, and provide scripting or messaging for teams as needed
- Utilize company strategic initiatives and policies to drive product development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, marketing, or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2-3 years of product development or related experience negotiating diverse wants from the business
- 2-3 years of experience taking an idea from inception to market, including market opportunity, launch, maintenance, and performance
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, for analyzing data
- Strong organizational skills
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Technical background strongly preferred
- K-12 teaching experience and/or edtech industry experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Pragmatic Marketing Framework a plus
To apply for this opportunity, simply click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a cover letter and resume, or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to include link to online portfolio, if applicable. Please include the job title and requisition number in the subject line of the email.
EOE including Disabled and Vets. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.